Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Music coming out of the wazoo

Man time flies... it's almost been a month since I last wrote, and heaps has been going on. A quick rundown... 


We played another Sunday at Nepenthe Winery, which was even better than the first one. The weather was perfect, so we were outside on the lawn as opposed to under the verrandah next to the main entrance. 

That next week Renny Field (Sydney singer/songwriter who we played with when we were in Syd) came down to Rads for a few days, so Wednesday night we all went down to the Grace to see him weave his magic. It was such a bloody awesome show, and each time I see him he gets better and better. Our next meeting will be in June, so I'm super stoked for that. 

The following night Tim Moore (bass player for Cookie) was doing a solo show of his own at the Grace, and he kindly asked me to accompany him on the geetar for a couple tracks. Now, being as super organised as we were, we only got together for the first time on Monday of that week to run through a few songs and see what could be done. But the 2 songs we got happening were so much fun to play, and I'm extremely grateful for him asking me to play with him. Hopefully we can do it again in the near future. 

Then on the weekend, Alice and I went down to Victor Harbour for a few days of rest and relaxation. We had planned this a few months ago, and have been looking forward to it for so long. The weather was perfect, which was a bit disappointing since I was counting in cold and wet, but nevermind. We went to garage sales, walks, slept in, pretty much everything you would hope to do down there, except maybe go for a swim. But it was so nice to get away, especially spend some time with Al since we have both been so busy lately. 

On Thurs night the Cookie Baker collective are supporting Kate Miller-Heidke on her Adelaide leg of her tour, so all of you who can make it down to the Gov, I suggest you do so. It's going to be a fricken rad show, and I think it's only something like $20, so quite cheap really. We may be busting out a brand newy as well. It all depends on how the rehearsal goes tomorrow night. Fingers crossed!

As for health, it's been a bit up and down. I had a clinic last week, and to my surprise, my lung function was awesome. 66%, so only 2% down from when I was discharged in Feb, which was the best I've been in last 2 years. I was surprised since I really wasn't feeling that great. I still started a course of oral antibiotics to hopefully get rid of any niggling flu, so hopefully they work. I have another clinic in 2 weeks, so I'll let you know how that goes. 

Not much else to tell... since Alpha got taken over by new owners, I'm down to 1 shift a week, which is pretty poor. It's still something, so I'll try not to complain too much, but money wise it's made things quite a bit tight. Nothing else to do with my time at the moment other than to become a housewife. 

Oh, and one more AWESOME piece of news - we finally got a recycling bin today!!!!!! Seriously, we haven't had one since moving in, so there is this MASSIVE pile of boxes and bottles and stuff out the back that is starting to go bad, so we're all quite excited about that. 

Rating: 6.5

What I'm listening to: Ingrid Michaelson - Girls and Boys

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You finally got your recycling bins!!! That is a miracle. Finally your backyard can be usable!! haha