Thursday, November 24, 2005

A quick update...

I'm sitting here at 1:22am and not doing a whole lot, so I thought I would quickly write a little something to let you all know what's been going since last post. Yesterday, on my way to Becky's to film an interview, in the tube station, I started to really cough uncontrollably and decided that I was just too worn out to go there, so I turned back around and went back to Peter and Trudy's place. Once there, the coughing subsided but for some unknown reason my body really started to ache. My back was killing me, and I had some chest pains. Nothing I haven't felt before, and they usually go away after a bit. But I woke up this morning and still had the same pains. My joints and muscles are aching quite a lot and it feels as though my chest is bruised quite badly. Whenever I breathe in deeply or cough it hurts up the top. I don't really think it's anything serious, but it's bad enough to make me cancel going out for curry tonight and going to the behind the scenes of the Jonathan Ross show tomorrow. I'm just really hoping that it will clear up tomorrow so I can still make it up to Edinburgh on Friday.

I'm thinking that it's because of the cold. I haven't ever had to deal with cold weather like this for an extended amount of time. I've been to the snow heaps, but that's only lasted a week. I'm hoping it's the cold anyway and not the flu. One good thing though is that my lungs themselves still seem to be alright. I'm not coughing up anything more - its just the rest of my body seems to be playing up. If it's what I think it is, which is nothing more than my body starting to react to the cold weather, then the only remedy is for me to relax and do nothing for a couple of days. Hence, going up to Scotland probably isn't the best idea.

If I'm still crap by next week, then I'll definitely have to go try and get some more Cipro (oral antibiotics). I really don't want to be sick for Thailand. In saying that as well, since the Cipro makes me really photosensitive, if I'm taking it while in Thailand, then it'll be pretty pointless going outside because I would burn like a red-headed Scot. But we won't jump the gun - I'll see how things go tomorrow and over the weekend and then take steps from there. I'll keep you all updated.

Also worthy of mention - I've made a few modifications to my links part. I have grouped them and added a few more, so when you get time to drift mindlessly through cyberspace, check a few of them out. Fun stuff.

Rating - (lungs) 6.5 (the rest of me) 5

What I'm listening to: Led Zeppelin - Madison Square Garden concert

4 comments:

Becky said...

Jaan it's 7pm and I'm still at work again...just read all of kim's blog...trying not to cry but I guess that's what it's about...glad you put that link up.

Jaanie said...

yeah, its pretty heavy, but i thought it was very interesting...

Anonymous said...

well, now since your friend becky has written about reading Kim´s blog and being quite touched by it, I guess I can admitt I was crying all the way through it.
still glad you put that link on your blog, Jaan.
Hope you´re doing better in freezing cold London and looking forward to catching up.
until then, take care.
J.

Lauren said...

Hello fellow CFer. You could be right about the cold affecting you. The weather has changed quite a bit where I am and I think that's what's causing my recent problems too.

Would you mind if I put a link to your blog from mine? I like being able to link to other members of the CF community, especially since I have cepacia and can never participate in any in-person CF stuff like conferences and walk-a-thons. I hope we can get to know each other a bit.

Thank you for the encouraging note you left on my blog. Today I am already doing much better as far as mental outlook goes.

I have read Kim's blog as well. I think most of us have. I have to remind myself that we all have varying degrees of severity, and just because things were really rough for her toward the end doesn't mean my it will be the same for me. 25years old is no longer my milestone goal. I'm heading for 50+ baby!

Have a good week.