Thursday, July 13, 2006

Another update from the pen (well, keyboard in this case) of Jaanie


close up 2
Originally uploaded by jaanus83.
So we've had a bit of rain, but not alot. I'm annoyed at that. I want our typical winter - lots of rain, not too cold, and that's about it. Maybe a thunderstorm thrown in here and there for good measure. I'm sick of this dry, crisp and freezing cold weather we've been having. And what about the poor farmers?? Poor farmers... but apparantly by the weekend there should be some more water falling from the heavens. Let's hope so.

Anyhoo, so the weather has been annoying me, but that's about all I can complain about. Things have been pretty quiet since my last post. Worked lots on the weekend, and started playing squash again regularly. That's been fun... however I cough alot while I'm playing and once I get home, which in turn gives me headaches for the rest of the day. Quite annoying. But if it's keeping me healthy, then I'm not going to complain too much. But I've now realised that the meds I'm taking at the moment have done all they're going to do, so the rest is up to me to remain healthy - which quite frankly is a tad annoying. I had just gotten used to the meds doing all the work and me getting better in the mean time, and now it's all up to me again?? Geez...

The other piece of news to tell is that (finally) I got my 3rd tattoo done yesterday. Alice and I had half designed it, and the tattoo guys did the rest when I took it in a couple of weeks ago. It took about an hour to complete, and it hurt far more than what I had expected... I mean, I have 2 other ones, but they are small and are on my arms. So I was basing the pain on those two... friends who have had tatts on their back told me that it hurt, but I didn't really believe them... Man, was I wrong. It was some of the worst pain I've ever experienced. There were a couple of points where I actually thought I wouldn't be able to complete it. But nevertheless, I stood strong (well, sat strong anyways) and it was well worth it. I love it! Now it's just a matter of deciding what I wanna do to it next...

Oh, one other bit of news is that we may be getting another housemate - of the animal kind. We have the option of bringing in a small kitten to our family, which would be sooo cool. I just have to make sure that we are allowed to have one at the house... hopefully so. It would be so awesome though to have a pet again. Not that I don't have one at the moment. Mitzu is still alive, but he lives at mums, so I don't see him that much. And he doesn't see me either - he's pretty much blind. Chuck in deafness and being cenile, he's not the most fun pet to have. Hehe. He's alright though. In fact, I think I might go and see him today...

That's about it I think. I saw on the news a few days ago that there are some people trying ot push a law so that everyone automatically becomes an organ donor. Personally, I think that is the best idea ever. Fair enough if you have a reason to not donate, be it religious or whatnot, but for all those who are just too slack to register or don't really care, then it's pretty unfair to those of us who might need a tranasplant later in life to miss out due to someone's slackness... well, that's my opinion anyway.

Alright - enough ranting!

Rating - 7.0

What I'm listening to: Zero 7 - The Garden

P.S. So as you can see, I've put more pics up. Have a squizz by clicking the "My happy snaps" link to the right.

No comments: