Thursday, July 27, 2006

Polyps, Muffin, Toby and Birthdays!


his name is toby
Originally uploaded by jaanus83.
A little bit to get through, and I have to go to work soon, so i'll try not to have too much jibberish...

So since I finished my IV's a month or so ago, my nose has increasingly been getting blocked up and more and more snotty (yum). This is because of my polyps (basically pea sized growths of skin that grow in your sinuses). When I was on IV's, I didn't really notice them because the antibiotics shrink them and I could breathe fine. But now that I've been off them, they've grown back and because of it, my left nostril is pretty much completely blocked up. Sleeping is getting more difficult, and I have the attractive look of boogers making their little appearances constantly.

I have an appointment with the ENT (ear, nose throat) doctor next week, so hopefully I can book in a time to have the operation which is needed to remove them. This totally sucks because it means I need a general anesthetic which wreaks absolute havoc with my lungs and takes me about 6-8 months to completely recover from. SO, since I need to have them out eventually, and it's only going to get worse the longer I leave it, and the longer I leave it the bigger the op will be, I decided to get it done now and even though that means another admission, the 3rd one this year, I'm ok with that.

Hmm, these sentences are really long winded and don't read very well. Tough. These are my words and I'm sticking to it. :)

Muffin is going awesome. He's still psycho, but at least he knows who we are now, and dare I say, loves us. He is the cutest cat I've ever seen, however he is the biggest wimp. The moment we leave, even if it's just to the toilet, he starts to cry like a little baby. Oh well. He stops after about 5 mins.

Toby - yes, I made a new purchase on Monday. I had the idea to get a scooter last week, since petrol prices are going up all the time, and since I don't actually own a car anymore. So I started looking, and low and behold, I saw the add for a postie bike. Well, these are WAY cooler than your average scooter, so Eros and I went to see it on Monday and I bought it on the spot. So pleased with it. The guy was asking for $1300, but I offered him $1000 to which he relunctantly said yes to, and threw in a helmet for good measure. What a nice guy. Except I had to ride it all the way back from Salisbury, and being my first real time on a bike, twas a bit scary. But soon enough I got the hang of it and was riding like a pro in no time - one handed, looking around, even having a smile on my face. Anyhoo, the bike is sweet so look out for me on the roads!!

And finally, today is Alice's birthday. And for the first time in a whlie, I had some nice ideas for pressies. Since she's always borrowing my explorers during our cold spell, I thought she deserved a pair of her very own. She also steals my dressing gown, so she is now the proud owner of one of them too. And finally, since she loves mushrooms, I thought I would get her a mushroom growing kit. How cool is that?? Fresh musshies right at your door. :)

Phew. I think that's about it. We're going bowling on Saturday night, so looking forward to that. It's the lock in thing where there are all these crazy neon lights and you can win prizes and everything. Woot!

Rating - 6.5

What I'm listening to: Zero 7 - The Garden

P.S. More pics as well. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The scooter looks tight, bud - I can see you zipping around like a looney tune, wild goggles on your helmet, big grin on your face, bugs caught in your teeth ... well, maybe notsomuch the bugs thing, eccccch. ;-)

And a belated Happy Birthday to Alice; hope the day was lurvvly and blessed for the both of you.

Lauren said...

Congrats on being finished with the IVs. I've been on them now for a month and have another week to go. Yay.

Hope you're doing well. Sorry I haven't checked your site in awhile. I've been sort of out of the loop.

-Lauren

Anonymous said...

Heyyyy dude! Well that's a bummer about the polyps, but like you said get them out now and you won't have to worry about them in the near future. Also, you can go back to sleeping (are you sleeping normally again since that P drug?) if not at least you'll have full use of your nose. I am a bit dissapointed that you didn't "blog" the whole story about sneezing out the polyp tissues when they're stuck up your nose!!! He-he-he..

Janka said...

Yeah, I would have loved to read something about that, too!!! Ah, definitely have to do something about my polyps as well cos when I was was in Switzerland the other day we went into a soap store, really cool, all the soap looking more like candy with 100 differend kinds...it must have smelled crazy in there but of course, I couldn't tell!! So disappointing, not to be able to smell anything...but I think I'll let you go first on the surgery and then wait for your report...;)
The scooter thingy absolutely rocks even though you'll probably get lazy like I did when I got my car. Couldn't be bothered to get on a bicycle anymore...