Sunday, March 25, 2007

Thursday night and the weekend

Those of you who missed coming out to the Exeter on Thursday night sure missed out on a great night. Not trying to blow my own trumpet, but it really was a fun time. The crowd was a perfect mix of friends and drunk randoms. But not too drunk that they were heckling or too obnoxious. It was just aweosme.

And the inclusion of ol Mr. Les Paul went down quite well too... I wasn't too sure before playing whether it was a good choice or not to have him there, but it worked out nicely. I now have to save up to buy an amp... Anyone selling anything cheap?

After the gig we went to the Garden for a bit of a wind down drink and hot chips. But we all hit a wall and went home not long after that. However, that was around 3 in the AM.

Not been doing a whole lot else since... worked Saturday night, which was the first time in quite a while (I've switched to opens). It was nice to work with Dana again though (my sis). It makes the evening a bit more bareable serving mingers all night. We watched O Brother... Good times.

Today I opened and then scooted around to a few different places that sell car stereos to try and find a replacement for the one that got stolen out of our car the other week. But no luck... the cheapest one at Strathfield was around $120. As if. We want cheapey's... I guess I'll have to keep searching. Also, at work this morning I had the lovely sounds of KCUR (a Kansas community radio station) coming out of my lappy at work, along with a webcam. The reason for this is I have a friend over there who hosts a radio show, and being the great friend he is, he's always able to give a shout out to Alice and myself, so that all the world can hear. It always leaves a smile on my face... What can I say - I'm a media whore!

Chest is feeling alright... still a bit tight. Haven't improved a whole lot since I last wrote. A bit annoying, but I'm still hoping that the drugs will kick in more and I'll start to feel better for it. I've also changed the order of my inhaled meds, so maybe that's why it's taking a bit longer than normal to get things feeling good again. We'll see...

Not much planned for this week. Have to get working on a few covers Holly and I are doing for a wedding in April. Hopefully we don't butcher them too badly...

Rating: 6.3

What I'm listening to: Cookie Baker - Live @ Radio Adelaide

1 comment:

Kristyn said...

thanks for the comment on my old blog way back in the day- i started a new one in case you are interested :)