Friday, May 11, 2007

Jaan is terrible at writing blogs...

Yeah, it's taken me forever again to write down my stuff. I suck. But deal with it. :)

One main reason is that I'm really not feeling that great, and as slack as it seems, the last thing I've felt like doing is try and think about what's been going on and writing about it. Even though I've been on the computer quite alot... so that doesn't make a whole lick 'o sense, but ah well.

I had a clinic last week where I was expecting to get admitted, but my lung function was actually a bit better than what I thought it would be (55%) so they told me to stay out and try another 2 week course of Cipro (oral antibiotic). But over a week on, and it hasn't really done anything, so I'm thinking that when I go back to clinic I'll have to be admitted. That's alright though - I haven't been in for around 7 months, and it's the time of year where I would normally go in, so it's not like it's unexpected.

Anyhoo, enough gloomy health talk. So what has been going on I hear you all ask? Well, I've done a couple more gigs with the lovely Cookie Baker, which has been loads of fun (as always). We played at the Grace Emily on the 24th of April, with another awesome band who are relatively new on the scene called Nadjeska. Like I said, they are awesome. There were heaps of people there, and it was great to see so many friends, some whom I hadn't seen in a long time. We then played at the Festival Centre Markets on Sunday just gone, and at Flinders Uni yesterday, as part of a youth music festival thing there. The Flinders Uni gig was great, except for the fact that I broke a string during the first song, so I had to borrow Lord Stompy's 'manly' guitar for the rest. We also tried a new song that we had only begun working on a few days ago, and that seemed to go down quite well, which is always pleasing.

I mentioned in my last post that Alice and I had another job going on throughout the holidays, where we would go out to schools and play games with the kids. The second week was just as much fun, but just as exhausting as well, which I think is another factor in my not feeling so great. I'm glad it's over for now, as I don't think I could have handled another day running around after kids, but come next holidays, it'll be awesome to be able to do that again.

You may remember me talking about crazy (allbeit beautiful) German friend (Janka) that has been living in Adelaide the past few months. Well, the time had come for her to ditch us for smelly London, so we all (Pete, Truds, Becky, Alice, Ben and Holly) thought it would be a great idea to head on up to Coriole winery for a bbq lunch. The weather was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the wine was ever so soothing. We didn't end up leaving until 9pm, and it was a bit sad to know that would be the last time for a while where we would all be able to hang out like that. She left a few days later, but she reassures us she'll be back around November, so she better stay true to her word, or there'll be hell to pay...

From 04.25 anzac d...


From 04.25 anzac d...


From 04.25 anzac d...


Another little thing worthy of mention was a couple weeks ago, when we had around 3 days straight of wonderful rain, we found out that our house isn't quite as waterproof as houses should be. We noticed a couple of drips the first night of the downpour, but by the next day, that had turned into streams of water running down the walls, in both ours and Lucy's room, as well as drips coming down from the roof in our room. Awse. The drips landed on the bed, so we thought enough was enough, and moved our bedroom into the loungeroom. Since then, someone has come out and cleaned our gutters and downpipes, so should it rain like that again, the water should hold out a little longer, but we have decided that we'll just stay in the loungeroom. That room doesn't leak, it's big, and our old bedroom still smells mouldy (apparantly - due to my keen sense of smell, I have to rely on Alice's). So I need to try and get hold of the landlord to replace the carpets. Fun times.

I think that's all there is to tell... actually, there's something that I've forgot, but I guess it couldn't have been too important, so whatevs.

Oh, I now have a new photo site, so there is a link to the right. There's quite alot of pics there from the Yorke's drought relief gig, as well as a few more from the Coriole lunch, so have a looksee.

Rating: 5.7

What I'm listening to: The Vasco Era - Oh We Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside (VERY great cd)

No comments: