Thursday, August 30, 2007

Busy busy busy

Ah, I suck. So sorry it's taken me so long (AGAIN!) to write another entry. It goes from having nothing to tell, to then being so busy I just don't have time to write anything. So here it goes...

First thing to mention was Alice had an exhibition at Gray St on August 12th, which was fantastic! I had the job of serving drinks, which is quite easy to do at an exhibition, as everyone just comes and picks up a cup and starts guzzling. There were so many people there, and Alice being the talented lass she is, was able to sell quite a few things. And some good news - her site will be up and running in September, so when that happens, you can all go there and have a squizz at some of her stuff!

The next thing to say is that while Alice and I were saving to head overseas next year, we had the opportunity to take all that money and spend it on something else. We did... Her name is Eliza-Jane and she is a beauty!!! She's a 1962 Holden EJ wagon, and we love her dearly. I'll put up some pics when we get some taken. We are oh so slack.

On the music side of things, this is where I've been most busy - we have been rehearsing pretty much every night with some of the other musicians that are going to be on the recording, which have been going awesomely. We have had a couple of gigs in the past couple weeks, one supporting the lovely Abbie Cardwell at the Grace Emily, which was a barrel of fun, and then one last week with BenSolo and 200 Motels, again another great show. Although there was a little kerfuffle with the licensing and they (the Grace Emily) were only allowed to have 100 people inside, when they are normally licensed to have 190. This resulted in a line-up appearing outside, and some dear friends and family weren't able to get in. A bit annoyed at that, but nevermind.

So all this rehearsing is also leading to our last gig for a few months while we take some time off to record Cookie's debut album. For all those who aren't doing anything too important on Sunday (it is Father's Day...), PLEASE come on down to the Festival Centre Piano Bar at 2pm. It's free, licensed, and it's being recorded, so make sure you bring your lovely cheery voices! On stage will be me on guitar, Holly on piano and guitar, Andrew on melodica and piano, Fluer on vibraphone, violin and snare, and Mairead on backing vocals. It's gonna be awesome! Click here for more details http://www.afct.org.au/?cat=3355&id=181552.

So my health is still going along quite strongly. Given that this flu season has been particularly nasty, I'm quite thankful I've had a relatively uneventful few months. Because I've been working 6 days a week, I haven't had time to go swimming in AGES, however I am walking to work and back, which is a fair dose of exercise. I haven't had a clinic for a while either, so I don't actually know how 'healthy' I am, but I feel alright still. I think I'll make an appointment sometime soon...

I think that's about it. Again, those of you who are in Adelaide, it would be awesome if you could make it on Sunday. I haven't seen alot of you in forever, so I'm hoping it will be a bit of a chance to catch up with some old friends.

Rating: 8.2

What I'm listening to: not much apart from Cookie Baker.

No comments: