Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Tis been a while...

hasn't it? Yeah, once again I've been terribly slack, but them's the breaks.

So what's been going on? Lemme have a think... Alice (and Lucy) had their birthday a couple weeks ago, which is something I've been looking forward to for quite a while. I had planned a secret trip to the Barossa (which sadly got spoiled at the last minute by someone at work blabbing it to Alice when she picked me up) but not to worry - it was such a great weekend! We went to a lovely 2 story, 3 bedroom cottage in Tanunda, complete with a spa and open fire. Mmm...

We didn't do a whole lot during the time we were there. We went to a few of the op-shops in the surrounding areas, and while I didn't find anything, Alice was her usual self and managed to find quite a few little gems. We did plan to do a spot of wine tasting, but to be honest, we were all too happy to go back to the cottage and do lots of nothing. So that's what we did. Had a few more spas, sat in front of the fire, watched some movies, and fell asleep. It was just what we needed.

When we arrived back home we were in house mode and felt we needed to clean up the house. It now looks quite respectable. :)

Apart from that, the only other thing I've been upto (apart from working all hours of the day) is quite a bit of music stuff with Holly. The big gig in September is steadily approaching, so we are getting ready to start rehearsals with the other musicians. Something which I'm both a little nervous but also looking forward to since it's something I haven't ever really done before. We had a gig a couple weeks ago supporting Old Man River at the Grace which was one of the best gigs I've had the pleasure of playing at!

It was a Sunday night, so the crowd was very chilled. It was a paid gig, so the people who were there wanted to watch music. And the entire crowd was silent during the performances. I haven't ever played to people that are just listening intently. It was amazing! Unfortunately due to Alice's early start the next morning, and the Grace's tendancy to accumulate quite a lot of smoke, we didn't get to stay to watch Old Man River. But I heard he was awesome.

So the rest of this week is going to be spent playing music, both getting the old material down-pat with the other musicians, as well as learning new stuff that Holly has created. :)

Alice had an exhibition at Zu Design on Friday night which went really well. She's really starting to become established here. And for those Radelaidians, her workshop, Gray St, is having an open day and then exhibition on Sunday the 12th from 6-8pm, so if you can, definitely head along! Just message me if you want more details.

Health wise, you'll be very glad to hear that things are still going swimmingly! Funnily enough, the swimming has kinda stopped for the moment as I've been working 10-6 7 days a week, which doesn't leave any time to do it. However, I have been walking to work everyday, which is a respectable half an hour walk, and that has definitely had a hand in keeping me as well as I am. I can't believe that in the midst of winter, and considering how sick I was, I've managed to keep this well for this long. I'm really hoping that things will continue on this road for a good few months still. But for now, I'm feeling great and just enjoying being able to do what I want.

I think that's about it for now. Cheers for your eyes.

Rating: 9

What I'm listening to: The Grates - Gravity Won't Get You High


P.S. I can NOT believe they're putting that abominably bad show The Wedge back on tv... It's a travesty!!

No comments: