Thursday, December 13, 2007

It's that time of the year.

The weather is getting hot.
People are driving like bloody idiots.
Town is getting crowded with kids on school holidays.
It's mental.
But I'm still excited.
Even though I'm completely skint and have no money for presents (and that's what skint means Jaan), it's still gonna be great fun.

Yes, I'm a bit overdue for an update, so I'll try and remember everything that's been going on.

First, Muffin ran away. :( We had kept him inside for a few weeks after we moved, and then I decided to let him out since he was getting really antsy and it wasn't nice to see him so bored inside. He seemed to be doing quite fine for an hour or so, and then he was just gone. It's all been a bit sad really. However, Alice and I have decided that instead of getting presents for each other this year, we'll just save our money and go to the shelter and get a new kitten. So that's something to look forward to. And if Muffin decides to come back, well, he'll just have to get along with his new housemate.

Health is still going awesomely. I had a clinic a couple weeks ago (the first one since my admission earlier this year) and my lung function is back up to the best it's been in the last couple of years. So I'm pretty much the healthiest since before I went overseas, so I'm really happy about that. Although my sinuses are starting to play up again, so I'm gonna have to go and get them checked out. I can't remember if I said last time that I'm doing yoga now, but I am. It's great fun. So that.

The album is coming along really nicely (well, so I'm told since I haven't heard any of it since that first weekend). So far vocals, guitars, drums, piano and bass have been recorded. There are still the strings, backing vocals and random sounds to be done, but if the rehearsals are anything to go by, this album is gonna be fricken sweet. Due to the recording, there hasn't been many gigs to talk about. We did one at the Gov with the drummer and bass player which was SO much fun. Those guys are just amazing. Hopefully we'll do more with them in the future. Next year looks like it's going to be quite full on with music, so I'm just trying to take it as easy as possible when I'm not needed. But we have one more gig for the year, so if you're looking for something to do between Christmas and New Years, head on down to the Wheatsheaf Hotel on Friday the 28th to see Cookie Baker play with Brillig. Gonna be lotsa fun.

That's about it I think. Seen a few gigs, most notably the John Woods Band at the Gov. Those guys really are gonna go far me thinks. It's awesome. And they're playing at the Big Day Out, so that's just amazing. And even more so that I'm actually going now. :D

Rating: 8

What I'm listening to: Wallis Bird - Spoons. I can't get enough of these kids at the moment. They are a group from Ireland and they are bloody outstanding!!!!

No comments: