Thursday, January 12, 2006

Actual health post


sick jaanie
Originally uploaded by jaanus83.
Most of my posts of late have not really been anything to do with my health, rather my travels abroad. So for the first time in ages, I'm pretty much devoting this entry to my health.

On Tuesday I wasn't feeling the best, pretty much like I had been feeling the last week or so, maybe a tad worse, so I thought it was time to make a clinic appointment. I was originally going to wait and see if this last course of Cipro I'm on actually did anything. But since I was feeling quite shite, I thought better of it and decided to make an appointment.

I went in and they asked if I was keen to have one the same day, to which I thought, heck, why not. I rocked up at the agreed time (3pm) and got weighed (72.55kg, a bit less than I was last time) and had my lung function. Now, I knew that I wasn't the healthiest, but it was still quite a shock to see the results of the lung funciton. It's the worst I've been EVER. 49%. My last clinic I was 68%, so it's quite a drop. I've never been under the 50% mark before, so it was a bit scary. But I'm slowly coming to terms with it now and hopefully the IV antibiotics do their thing and get me back up to 60's.

The only other thing is that because they are putting me on a drug that I haven't had since I was about 13, they decided to keep me in the hospital for the weekend to keep and eye on me and make sure my body doesn't do anything stupid when the drugs are injected. So I'm a bit pised about that. Not to worry, should only be a weekend and then I can do the rest of the IV's back at home (2 weeks worth).

So there ya all go. Since I'm not that chirpy, I apologise for the boringness of this post. Not that it's terribly exciting normally, but I feel it's extra sub-standard today. Tough cookies.

Rating: 4.9

What I'm listening to: Steve Burns - Songs for Dustmites (guy from 'Blues Clues')

2 comments:

Janka said...

Ah..Jannie bananie..cheer up, dude..! You have just had 4 months of great travel adventures, maybe one of the best times in your life..! I know such a drop in lung function results is a bit scary, IV sucks and staying in the hospital is the worst, even if it's just for a weekend. But I'm sure things will improve if you chill a bit and give your body time to recover...don't let it get you down and if it does, just look at your travel pics...that always helps, hehe...!
All the best, man...and take it easy!

PS: good post though...admiringly honest!

Becky said...

Hope you feel better soon jaanie...are you in the women's and childrens or royal adelaide?