Monday, January 23, 2006

On the mend


sitting in the botanical gardens
Originally uploaded by jaanus83.
I always try and think of a clever way to start, but can never seem to find one.

Ok, so now that I've got the intro out of the way, on with the post. I've been on the IV's for over a week now and I'm delighted to say that they are starting to work. My chest has cleared up quite considerably (which means that I'm not coughing up as much as I was before) and I haven't felt this clear for quite a while, so I'm pretty chuffed.

I was in the hospital for longer than expected. I thought I was only going to stay in for the weekend, but because of various tests and stuff, they kept me in till the Wednesday. That's alright. After all, I had Foxtel in there which I don't have at home. I pretty much spent my time watching tv, playing guitar, watching tv, eating, watching tv and sleeping. Oh, and trying to entertain the few guests that I had. Pretty hard to do in S2... But Alley did take me out for a walk in the Botanic Gardens which was very nice. The weather wasn't too hot when we did that. And since it's right next door to the hospital, it was an easy excursion.

So I came home and continued the relaxing. Well, there wasn't much else to do with this friggen heat. Man, do I love it though. 4 days in a row above 40. Woot! Summer is definitely here. So yes, plenty of days sitting in front of the air conditioner watching the cricket, tennis, NCIS and Scrubs. What more could you ask for??

Now that it's been over a week on the IV's I really have to start exercise so that I don't get sick as soon as I get off the antibiotics. Usually I do nothing for the 2 weeks, and then as soon as I come off them, since I have absolutely no fitness, I just come straight back down again and have to start from scratch. So this time I'm determined to do some stuff so that I'm even healthier for when I come off them. It's just a bit hard to get motivated in this heat...

So yeah, I think that's about it. I have to have my dressing for my drip changed today, so the RDNS are coming over to my house to do that. Pretty exciting. I should be getting off the IV's on Friday, so 5 more days. As I said, I'm feeling quite good, so hopefully my lung function on Wednesday shows that too. If not, well, nah, we'll just say it will.

Rating: 7.2

What I'm listening to: My stupid ipod (I don't even think it deserves the capital 'p') decided to not work at all, but I have been listening to my computer. Jeffrey Lewis - It's the Ones who's cracked that the Light Shines Through

3 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Jaanous Bananous

Glad to hear you're getting back in shape! I hear the weather has cooled down a little so that should be good for the excercise...

Anya stayed over my house Friday night before her big flight, it was excellent to catch up.

Who's Jeffrey Lewis?? I haven't heard of him but that song/album has a cool name. I'm really wanting to get Jose Gonzalez's CD at the moment...oh well, will have to wait till I get to Edinburgh cos I'm not allowing myself to buy anything that i'll have to carry!

Becky said...

Oh my gosh I just saw I called Janka Anya! I'm so sorry Janka...I have Anyas coming out of my ears at the moment... Sorry!!!!!!! You're one in a million!

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy,

Hope that your feeling on the up! Well, if your ratings are anything to go by you must be - going from 4.9 to 7.2 is good to hear. Did you ever consider the startling fact that your lung function was 49% and you were feeling a 4.9?? Maybe feeling a 7.2 could mean a high lung function. Here's hoping!
Still have to catch up, enjoy the relaxing and recouping in the meantime.