Monday, April 17, 2006

What I got for Easter...

An easter egg hunt (courtesy of the twins), double pay from work, rest and a stupid friggen virus. Yes, that's right. Jaan is sick. And not cf sick. Cf sick I can handle, or at least feel like I can control it a bit. But when I get what I call 'normal sick', it really flips me out. Last night I was at work, and I was coughing a bit more than usual. Then I noticed that the cough was starting to become less phlegmy (which is normally a good thing, but I knew that this wasn't one of those good things) and started becoming more and more dry and scratchy. So I was able to leave early, came home and watched Wolf Creek with Alice. The whole way through the movie I was coughing more and more and it was getting dryer and harsher. Finally woke up this morning to a very painful throat and, uh, that's it. But that's enough to make me feel annoyed. So this most likely explains tbe tiredness I've been feeling the last few weeks. My body was probably getting exhausted trying to fight off this thing, but finally gave up last night. At least I have the next two days off work to try and rest up so I'm all good again.

So apart from that, this weekend was Easter. Yay! Now it's easy to get carried away with superficial things and forget what the real meaning of Easter is: chocolate. All (lame) jokes aside, I hope everyone's weekend was safe and happy. I was awoken 10am by Lucy and Alice saying they had a surprise for me. The surprise was one of the coolest easter egg hunts I've ever been on (mostly because it was in our NEW house which I've grown very fond of). Then we had yummy hot cross buns for brekkie, watched some Scrubs, then I went off to work. And from there, well, that's at the start of the post, so I think I've said all that there is to say...

Cheers to everyone for being you. You all rock.

Rating: 4.9

What I'm listening to: Tegan & Sara - If It Was You

2 comments:

Benjamin said...

yay for easter!
it's the first easter i've had without chocolate eggs ...
had a great argument with my friend at school who was complaining about easter being imposed on a largely non-christian country - and he couldn't pick up his essay to find out his mark - and that they should change it to "the day of the tourist" like they did somewhere in europe ... and look at that, i've started making my own post rather than a comment ...
sucks to your virus.

Jaanie said...

yes, and it was mildly entertaining...