Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Yet ANOTHER post

You must all be getting sick of these. Well, you're probably not. I mean, who could blame you really? I just had to appear modest for the masses... Anywho, so since I was feeling even more poorly today, and when I went to the shops to get some meat for lunch, I ran into Beck (a good cf buddy of mine) and she was in at the moment ('in' meaning having IV's in hospital) and saying that she had what I have (sore throat and stuff). So I thought to not chance it and rang the clinic to try and schedule an earlier appointment. I was able to have one today, so I went there and had all the normal lung function tests and stuff.

As I expected, my lung function was down 10% (form 67% to 57%), which isn't TOO bad, but still bad enough to need some extra drugs (I was 49% when I went in last time just after I got back from my trip). So for the next two weeks I'm on a course of Cipro (oral antibiotic that has some nasty side effects including joint pains, extreme photosensitivity [which is alright since it's now winter and I have no need to be out in the sun], and down right unco-ness), as well as an increased dose of inhaled Tobrimycin (another antibiotic that I have through a nebuliser).

When I was seeing the doctor, they told me that what I had was probably just a viral thing, so nothing to be too worried about. It hadn't spread to my chest yet, which is a good thing, so hopefully the antibiotics will keep that away and get me better in a couple of weeks. If however they seem to do nothing, I'll be back at clinic and most probably will need to go in for IV's again.

I think that's all to report... remember all who can watch Neighbours to do so, just so you can see a great actress who is bound to become a superstar! Now I'm going to go back to watching The Secret KGB UFO Files (who said late night tv viewing was crap?).

Rating: something below a 5

What I'm listening to: The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Live at Slane Castle

5 comments:

Becky said...

Hiya Jaanie, not so good to hear you're sick, but very glad to hear it's not in your lungs. Ahhh I felt a tiny twinge of homesickness reading about your eater egg hunt, although I'm sure I miss the joy of being a child more than home. I had one easter egg - I bought it myelf :) They seriously don't do easter here compared to Aus...and get this - all the easter eggs are just two halves wrapped together - ou can't break the top off them because they just fall apart the second you break them! And the chocolate drops/smarties in the middle are still sit in a plastic bag inside the egg...so they don't rattle....how stupid is that???

Anough of my ranting. Say hi to all at home for me.

Lots of Love
Beck

Janka said...

Easter eggs filled with smarties..?? Never heard of that! Here they don't even bother putting the two halves together, the Easter "egg" is just a half but it's filled with marshmallow so I guess that makes up for it.

...what a random comment....:)

Jaanie said...

those easter eggs sound dumb. well, we've got plenty here. pity i cant exactly share them with you all...

Lauren said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling too great these days. I hope the latest round of meds will do the trick for you and that you'll be able to avoid getting anything beyond just a viral infection.

Thanks for keeping such an up to date blog (not that you do it for me, but it's still nice to see others who are dedicated to writing consistently).

Have a good one! you're in my thoughts.

-Lauren

Jaanie said...

thanks lauren! sorry this is long overdue... i've been a bit slack in my sickness. but it makes me very happy to know that someone else is reading my whiny thoughts ;)

hope things are well with you