Friday, August 11, 2006

Weather's getting warmer, but I'm getting sicker

How much does that suck? Usually with the warmer weather, I get heaps better. But as I've said before, this year is a bad one and shouldn't be compared to previous ones. So since my last post, my health has deteriorated a bit. My chest has gotten quite a lot tighter, pretty much as it was when I last got really sick. The only thing different this time is that I don't have any of the other symptoms I did before - headaches, fevers, stuff like that. So that's good. However, still feeling royally shite. I get puffed out walking to the toilet, and the other morning I woke up at 4am and coughed for about 2 hours straight. Not much fun. I'm really hanging out for another dose of IV's, but I have to wait to see when I can have my sinus surgery.

Now that I made a lovely segway, I can continue. I had my ENT appointment on Tuesday and as expected, the doc saw polyps. But before we can decide what to do, I had to have a CT scan of my sinuses to see just how badly they are blocked. I had that done later that day, but have to wait until Wednesday next week to see him again. Then hopefully we can decide what action to take. There are a couple of different procedures, so we'll make a decision then.

One last bit of news is that sadly, last week I had the unpleasant task of taking my beloved dog Mitzu to the vet to be put to sleep. He was fairly old, so he had a good run, but his time was up. He was blind, deaf, slightly senile and in his last week, he was sleeping pretty much non-stop and wouldn't eat much. It was sad, but it was the right thing to do. It's just weird going back to mums now because he was such a part of that house. It's so different to not hear him running around the corner or his nails on the floor boards. Oh well, it mostly always happens sooner or later.

So I think that's about it... Like I said before, the weather is getting nice. We are having a couple of days where it's reached 20, with perfectly clear skies. Beautiful. The nights are still chilly, but I think the worst of winter is now behind us and we have a nice hot summer to look forward to. It's about time if you ask me.

Next Thursday The Audreys are playing at the Gov, so it will be awesome to see them again. They are doing so well at the moment - they've just got back from a tour of Canada, the States, Europe and the UK. Insane. I'm not sure if it's sold out yet, but for those who are in Radelaide and can make it, definitely go check me out. My lovely friend Holly is also playing supporting them, who is an absolute pleasure to listen to also. And then the week after the Vasco Era are playing at Jive, but I don't know if I'll be able to make it. If I'm still feeling the way I am now, probably not. I don't think my lungs could handle a night out in a smoky place.

Anyhoo, I'm off to do physio and try to make myself useful at home somehow...

Rating: 4.5

What I'm listening to: nothing at the moment. ipod's been playing up.

P.S. Remember a while ago I was talking about Sia's film clip that I went to the filming of? Well, there's a copy of it to see, so have a look. It's cool. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VvbSOYJamA

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy!
Just berating you about responding to how your appointment went today??
Are you up for going to see The Audreys tomorrow?