Sunday, November 26, 2006

Anniversaries, gigs, cars and the beach


going...
Originally uploaded by jaanus83.
Hi all.

Lots has been going on, so let's see if I can remember it all and have you slightly entertained for the next 10 mins or so... (yes, this will prob be a long one).

As some of you may well know, our beloved car Uby hasn't been feeling the best of late. In fact, I think it's safe to say that she's dying. So much so that last week we decided to try and find a cheap run-a-round to replace her. On a drive to Elizabeth, she got a temperature and we had to leave her on the side of the road all night (not the best idea in Salisbury). Anyhoo, she survived another day. But on Wednesday of last week I found another car (this time not so far away) for $900. We went and checked her out, and she is a beauty!! She is a lovely silver Nissan Bluebird Series III wagon. Pretty much like an updated Uby. Her name is Supa Upa. She is awesome. :) We're hoping she'll be able to do the trips to Maclaren Vale and Victor (since they will be done quite regularly over summer).

Speak of last Wednesday, it was also the first night I had ever been to the famous curry night at the Exeter. Man, was it good!! There was quite a nice table of us (me, Al, Holly, Jess, Andy, Sarah and Daniel) and we all chowed down on some delicious curry before sitting outside enojying a lovely pint in the beautiful spring weather. I thoroughly recommend anyone who hasn't tried it to do so. It's on the top of my list for when my international friends come over here. :D

Last weekend we went to see The Audreys at the Gov for their first show after their totally awesome award at the Arias this year. And may I say, it was the best I've seen them. MUCH better than the last gig they did during their national tour. They're really taking off, so I'm hoping they'll play a few more shows before deserting lil ol Radelaide for the limelight of the big cities.

Thursday night was the 2 year anniversay for Alice and me. Aww I hear you all say. It was a lovely night. I got it off work, so we went for a drive down to Glenelg since we realised we hadn't been to the beach for almost a year, got a yiros and some chips, and sat there watching the sunset. It was actually a really nice night. It's been a while since I was able to sit with my best friend and being completely calm and away from all the hecticness of life and work. Then after that we went to the house where we were to be house-sitting until this Monday.

And finally the weather is really starting to get nice. We had a pretty warm day of about 36 on Friday and Saturday, so after I finished work at 4 on Sat, I picked up Al from work and we went down to the beach to have a bit of a dip and to get some colour. I'm determined to get to the beach at least a couple times a week this summer. It's just too good to pass up.

I've also been working alot lately. Not that I'm complaining since my goal is to save money over the next year, and obviously in order to do that I have to work. But it's just annoying having to work alot to save money. Hehe.

I think that's about it... my health isn't doing too badly, although I'm bit more clogged up since the last few days I've been a bit slack with my physio and stuff. Also, I knocked off my nebuliser pump the other day, so I had to race down to the Asthma foundation on Friday afternoon to get it before the weekend, otherwise I would have had to wait until Sunday. The CFSA was kind enough to help me though with a rebate of $200 on my new pump. Pretty ace there.

Well, it's getting late and i'm falling asleep, so I think it's time to head off. I'll write more later in the week when I've remembered what I've forgotten in this post.

Rating: 6.8

What I'm listening to: Yann Tiersen - Amelie soundtrack

3 comments:

Benjamin said...

hey guys,
happy anniversary!
good to hear all is going quite well.

Anonymous said...

yeah happy anniversary!

yiros by the beach... awwwwwww. nice.

Jaanie said...

chiz guys.

the best 2 years of my life to date!!

and bon - yeah, it was delicious!!!