Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The weekend and clinic

Howdy all.

Time for another update in the life of Jaan. Thrilling tales they are!

So i'll start with the weekend. Didn't do a whole lot on Friday - caught up with some friends and had a drink at the Ex. The weather was awesome and we were lucky enough to get a table outside, so that was fun. Then Alice and I got take away from Danny's Thai Bistro and went back home to eat that and watch the first few episodes of 'Dead Like Me'. Very cool show indeed!

I had to open the shop on Saturday, but that night since Al had gone down to Yorkes for a wedding, I was on my lonesome, so thought I would treat myself to a gig. The Vasco Era were playing at the Gov. I first saw them last year sometime when they supported the Violent Femmes, and they were fantastic. I have seen them a couple of times after, but none this year, so I was well excited to see them again since we struck up a bit of a friendship when we first met.

Anyhoo, to my surprise I found out that a friend of mine from primary school (Joel) was in the support band, so I spent the night with him and his band mates. The Vasco Era played an awesome show, and I forgot just how energetic they are live. Joel then was talking to me about an after-party he was having at his house and how everyone was going to be there. I was quite tired and couldn't really be bothered going, but I asked where he lived, and he told me Edward St, which is literally around the corner from my house. So I thought I may as well pop in.

That pop in lasted till 4:30 in the morning when the cops decided it was time for the party to end. But it was a great night. And in true rock 'n roll style, the band was there, and EVERYONE was drinking it up something chronic. Even ol Jaanie had a couple... but luckily since I only lived half a minute walk away I didn't need to worry about drink driving. Hehe. I managed to take a couple of pics from the night, so have a look at my pics page for that.

And now to today - clinic. I only realised this morning that I had it on when I looked in my diary. This last week I had started to feel a little crappy - tired, lethargic and my cough had gotten a little bit more productive. I was really hoping I wasn't getting sick again as this is what happened when I first started getting sick a few months ago. But today things seemed to really clear up. I had my pft's (lung function) and was hoping for the best. Quite often, you go in feeling tops, and the results are shite. Other times, you go in feeling crap, and the results are better than you expected. So while I was feeling quite good, I didn't really have high hopes to have great blows.

But when I read the percentage, I was stoked - 62%. I was 55% when I was discharged about a month ago, and that was up from 35% when I was really sick. So that's pretty darn good. Especially considering I still haven't really started my routine of exercising (I'm planning on starting swimming REAL soon - honest!). So things are looking quite good indeed.

One last reminder for those who read this in time and live in the vacinity - Alice's exhibition is tomorrow night, so that's what's on the cards for me. It's at the Light Square Gallery and goes from 6 to 8. Should be a great night, so come along if you can muster it.

That's all for tonight. I'm getting very sleepy and my neb is just about finished.

Why have they stopped showing 'Scrubs' on tv in the mornings? They hadn't finished the season yet...

Rating: 8

What I'm listening to: Cake - Fashion Nugget

No comments: