Thursday, November 09, 2006

Update 100!

Wow, can you believe that? I've spewed 100 meaningless posts from my grubby little fingers. Thanks for sticking by me all! I like it how people read my thoughts. Especially when I don't see alot of you very regularly.

So, what's been going on? Well, first thing's first - I am in love. Her name is Charlotte. She is absolutely beautiful!!! I've done things with her I never thought possible. I can't believe it took me this long to afford her. But she was well worth the price. I am talking about my lovely new MacBook Pro. :) Man, she is the bomb. You guys would love her! Hehe. Alright, enough of that. But there was a little drama when she was delivered. It was Friday morning, and because the fortress is so impenetrible, the delivery guy didn't knock on the door to get my signature to deliver it. Even though I made sure to stay home so that I could be there when she came. I went outside to find the little slip in the letter box saying that I had missed him, so I rang the company to organise when to pick it up. But they told me that it wouldn't be available until Monday morning. Oooh, I was pissed! So I had to wait all weekend knowing that my new baby was in the same town as me, and I couldn't do a thing about it.

And to top the weekend off, I had to work 11 hours on Saturday, and 10 hours on Sunday. I was well buggered... but I need the money so I'm not going to complain again.

Last week I had another ENT appointment, and that went rather well. He was very pleased with how everything looks up there, and said there isn't any swelling or infection at all. The headaches have also stopped, so it pretty much feels like it's healed 100%.

My general health is also still going strong. Although yesterday I noticed a little more persistant cough... hopefully it was just a one off thing. I'll double up the physio today to make sure. But yeah, I'm feeling great still, which is a change from a few months ago. I'm planning on starting swimming again in the coming weeks. I need to do something else, otherwise I'll just fall into the same pattern as before and prob get sick before I knew it.

So I think that's all... but one last thing before I go, I wanted to mention Alice's end of year exhibition that's been keeping her uber busy and stressed. The opening is next Wednesday, the 15th of November from 6-8 pm at the Light Square Gallery, 39 Light Square (the big arts TAFE building). So if you're in the area, please come along. She will be very appreciative, but more importantly you can look at some great artwork as well as have a free drink!

Rating: 7.8

What I'm listening to: Fuel - Sunburn

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

100 posts and I have read 'em all. I've enjoyed all the shots too. Although. the screws in the head haunted me a little bit. I like to follow your life and I wish I could see Alice's work..........Could you take a picture or two and post it for us....PLEEEEASE.
Steph from Canada (friend of Paul and Heather ---Bonnie's Cousin in Toronto Heather. P.S. They are due with TWINS in Dec)

Anonymous said...

Hello, thanks for accepting my thingy on myspace, i saw your space then got onto your blog. Generally its not the sort of thing i would do but you intruiged me:)
anyway im amazed by your strength, i was in hospital for just a few days this year and i hated it, and you seem to hardly complain! so yes, i am commenting here because my silly computer wont let me comment on myspace-god knows why! feel free to comment me back and ill talk to you through your blog
good luck!
tori

Jaanie said...

wow, thanks for that steph!!

i can't believe you actually read all my crap... cheers! how you doing anyway?

i'm in the process at the moment of trying to get alices work up on the net. i'll definitely let you know when it happens! should be soon though...

and how good are the twins?? can't wait to see piccies. they should be the most gorgeous set out there!

Benjamin said...

congrats on the 100!!
wooooo

Alexandra Bone said...

Well done on the big 100 Jaanie!

Jaanie said...

aw, thanks love! and cheers for reading! :)