Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Some people really do just suck

Well, what a week it has been for us all. It's weird, after 9/11, I didn't really feel that much, probably due to the fact that I have no real connection to New York or America (sorry Monica, no offense to you, but it's just that I consider you an Australian who talks funny is all). Even when Bali happened, for some strange reason, I still didn't really feel anything, even though there was a direct link as there were Adelaidians involved. But when I heard about the London bombing, I suddenly felt sick and really had this concern for some of my friends who are over there at the moment. It was after this that I realised how naive I've been towards all these terrorist acts over the last few years, so for that I apologise. It is something I wouldn't wish upon anyone, so to all those who have been affected, my heart goes out to you all.

Alright, I think everyone's probably heard enough about this for now, so onto some other stuff. Since my last post, which I didn't realise was so long ago, things have been going great. My health has considerably improved. My chest has cleared up quite a bit, with physio sessions being less productive, and with me not having such a phlegmy cough during the day. I'm still taking the Mannatech stuff, which I am convinced is the reason for my general well-beingness. Even when I was doing squash and exercising regularly, I didn't feel as good as I do now, and that is saying something.

Exercise at the moment is relatively almost alright - I still haven't started swimming yet, but when I think about it, I haven't been completely slack. Usually, every day has involved me going into town, where I will walk around for about an hour all up, at quite a brisk pace, so it't not like I've been doing NOTHING. Just not a lot...

Planning for my trip is coming along, still very slowly though. I really need to work out my itinerary of where I'll be when so I can get back to the fine folk who have offered me places of accomodation. I'm waiting on the Asthma Foundation to see if they can get me a travel pump to take with me (they cost around $600 so obviously it would be a great help if they are able to get one for me). Planning for the "Yarn" fundraising night is going along quite nicely (Friday August 12 @ Jade Monkey). Still in the final stages of securing bands etc, but it looks like it's going to be a wild night out, so anyone who is in the area HAS to come. I'll be putting posters in Alpha as well as around the city and various pubs. Of course, if you want more details and can't wait for me to send out a group email, just write me.

I think I have to buy my ticket next week, so that's going to take a huge chunk out of my savings, which is never a nice thing to do, even when it's the thing you've been saving for. I know many of you know what that feels like... but it looks like I'm going to be relying on selling my car for money to survive on whilst I'm away, which is annoying because my initial planning told me that I would have enough money to last, and the car was just going to be any extra cash. Not the case. Oh well, I guess it all adds excitement doesn't it?

I think that just about covers it. If I've left anything or anyone out, tough.

Rayting for this poast: 8

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hi Jaan, glad to hear you're doing so well! I'll have to give you the email the details for Adelle & Lauren etc so you can email them about Yarn. The poster looks excellent, I know it will pull a big crowd! As for money matters... you're only truely travelling if you are living off bread and beans. Looking forward to hearing when you'll be in London. Woot!