Monday, June 27, 2005

Woot, woot and double woot!

Well, after a week or so of stressing and worrying about trying to find another venue, we have done it! We've organised a venue and date for the fundraiser gig. So, everyone, you need to keep Friday the 12th of August free, and head on down to the Jade Monkey on Twin St for a bloody fantastic night of entertainment and good times (not to mention spending the night with me before I head off on my 4 month voyage). Details about what bands will be playing are still to be finalised, so I'll keep everyone updated once we have confirmed. Now that I've gotten that announcement out of the way, onto the health stuff.

Since the last post, things have gotten increasingly better. My cough has dried up quite a lot, and physio sessions are much less productive (sputum wise). So again I'm quite happy with how I'm feeling and generally feeling quite good about things. I went out on the weekend, so we'll see if that had any affect on me, but hopefully not. I still haven't started the exercise, which I know is terribly slack of me, but I actually have a reason why I can't do any (well, swimming anyway). There is a little ink thing on my arm which forbids me to go swimming for a couple of weeks, which is good enough for me to continue to put everything on hold. But since I'm leaving in less than two months, I really need to get the fitness up so I don't collapse after my first day of travelling.

So yeah, the gig is finally on (again), I'm feeling considerably better than last time, and the weather is looking loverly today.

Rating: ooh, let's see, it's coming... it's, it's, IT'S... 7.8

3 comments:

Benjamin said...

and that goes double from me!

alice said...

yay for jaan feeling better! 7.8 is pretty high... think about it. usually people start their "out of ten" rating at 5 because anything under that is too harsh... (shaking fist) Think about it...

anyway, yay for your gig being booked! although, you did fail to take note that my exhibition is on the same night... no! its ok. ill be fine.... i hope... (sob). haha! ill be there late is all.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: Go to Jaan's fundraiser! it will be fun and draising! woot!

Becky said...

jaan, where's your next blog??? you're getting a bit slack! I NEED to know your rating.