Tuesday, February 07, 2006

What stuff has been going on?

It's been quite a while since my last post, and I have no excuse for that. Slackness has once again played its part in my life. I haven't really been doing that much though. Nevermind, I'll tell you all about my nothingness anyway.

A couple things worthy of note... the Big Day Out was on last Friday, and contrary to how I thought it would be, I actually had a pretty good day. I got the ticket as a Christmas present, and if it wasn't for that, I doubt I would have bought one. Anyway, so I went around lunchtime and spent the first couple hours at the local stage, which I was quite surprised to see people I knew in most of the bands playing there. So that was entertaining. I then spent the next few hours walking from stage to stage listening to a few songs by each band before moving on. Saw some of Sarah Blasko, who played really well. The Casio Brothers always put on a great show. The Living End played alright, not that I'm a big fan at all. But then it came time to go to the Green stage to see the end of Henry Rollins' stand up routine before The Mars Volta took to the stage. Rollins was (as usual) very entertaining and had a full crowd to hear his banter.

So he finished, I took my position near the front and before long The Mars Volta came on stage. I won't go on about the show in detail, except to say that it was the best performance I have seen from them (and this was the 5th time of doing so). The highlight though was when they played Frances the Mute, which I had never heard live before. It rocked the place down. Very nice. And the crowd was great as well. No idiots landing on other people's heads. Twas good stuff. I did wonder though why they didn't get a spot on the main stage. Weird... and because of that, their time totally clashed with Iggy, so I didn't get to see him at all. And get this - The Mars Volta played half an hour longer that Iggy! What's with that?? Ah, I don't know... But yes, that was definitely the highlight of the day. After that, I went to the main stage to see a couple of songs by The White Stripes, but left soon after. They just didn't do it for me.

So that was Friday. The day before I made another purchase to help me get fitter. I bought some rollerblades. I got the urge while in Canada and since I didn't have a bike (as it was being fixed) I thought I needed another form of transport. So I invested in some lovely ones, and while I'm still not that great, I can at least get from point A to point B without causing too much damage to myself. But gimme a couple weeks and I'll be carving up the streets something chronic!

Not alot else that I can remember off the top of my head. Since finishing my IV's I haven't been too bad. I think I might have dropped just a little in lung function, but that's because I've made a realisation about my body. It's great. Ha, no. Physio just doesn't cut it anymore to keep me healthy. It does a bit, but for me to keep on top of things, I really need to do alot more exercise (hence the blades and bike) otherwise I'll just slowly decrease back to what I was before. I figured this out because after only 2 days from being off the IV's, I was becoming more productive and coughing alot more up. It really annoyed me until I stoped whinging and made the decision to do alot more exercise. So long story short, more exercise is needed to keep healthy. I could have just said that at the start...

The rest of my time as been spent back at work (which is alot more bareable than it was before I left) and watching numerous dvd's (NCIS and Freaks and Geeks). I've also bought tickets to Lano and Woodley's show for the Fringe, and since it's their last one ever, it's going to be a bit sad. I wanted to go to heaps more shows, but I am actually broke as of right now, so I don't know how much I can afford to go and see, which totally sucks, but not alot one can do about it. I'm really just dribbling crap now, so I think it's a good time to leave it here.

I'll try and keep it more updated so there's not so much filler.

Rating: 7

What I'm listening to: System of a Down - Hypnotize

4 comments:

Janka said...

Hello there!
Just wanted to drop a line to say Hi, won't trash your blog with what's been going on here...wouldn't know where to start anyways (with the shooting in front of my door or the stabbing down the road..?! hehe)
Good to hear you're doing well, but now I feel worse for not exercising...THANKS, man..:)

Anonymous said...

Hey jaan, It's nicky. See i do read this thing :) So you're on a health kick eh ;) goodluck with all the exercise n stuff. I didn't do BDO this year the line up didn't really make me as moist in the knickers as it could have, sounds like you had fun though. Ill have to talk to you on MSN sometime soon, i aint been on much or sms ya or something. Take care hun

xoxoxo

Becky said...

Jaaaaaan. c'mon. sick of looking at this same post!

Becky said...

PS oh my god I forgot it's your birthday. I'm a terrible friend!! I had a horrible feeling today that I'd forgotten something important... Happy birthday Jaanie - so now you have something to write about??