Monday, June 12, 2006

One week (and a coupla days) on

So here I sit - 1:05am on a Monday morning (1:30am now after re-reading - oh yes, I did professional writing at uni remember) and not alot to do. The UK Grand Prix finished (and Webber crashed out in the first bloody lap), Mexico are playing Iran in the World Cup (but I can't be bothered watching it), so I thought I would post. Seems only fair...

Firstly, I have to mention some awesome news. Alice has decided to start her own blog! How awesome is that?? I think she did catch the bug from posting for me while I was in hospital. Not only that, but she's really keen to get some sort of support network/group for partners of cf's going, since there isn't alot in that area here. I think it's a great idea - it's definitely something she would be able to do really well. So to all those who think may be interested in reading (and even if you're not, go read anyway since she is just the best person ever) please go over and have a look, as well as telling anyone who you think may be interested in it. The address is http://alicepotter.blogspot.com/ She is really keen to talk to others, so even if you want to say hi or send some loving words, she'll be very glad to hear it. Of course, if you think you would like to get in contact with her in regards to cf stuff, that'd be even better.

Now onto me, since that is why you all come here after all... ;) The last week hasn't been incredibly eventful; I haven't done alot of outings or anything. We have hosted a couple of dinners which have been very lovely. The company is always good, and especially if it means that you don't have to leave your own house! We had Kate and Wayne over for some nice red chicken curry, and then last night we had Dan and Ben over for burritos. Mmm. Good stuff.

As far as my health goes, things have been on the improve. Very slightly mind you, but still getting better, and not worse. My lungs have cleared up a bit more since last time, but I think this is the best they're going to get. It's at the stage where I will cough a bit up during phyiso, but throughout the day it's pretty much a dry cough. It feels good to be able to have a nice sounding cough again. My throat however is still a bit sore, especially when I'm doing lots of coughing, such as during physio. But this is another thing that I think I'm going to have to get used to - that my throat is not going to be in pristine condition again. If I'm doing physio, I'm coughing lots which is going to irritate my throat, and if I'm talking for more than 15 mins the same affect happens. It's not too bad though - it's just adjusting which is the tough part.

There is something else that I'm not too happy to report - we're thinking that it is possible after all that it is the house that has contributed to making me sick. I'm not a happy chappy. I love this place. It's awesome. It's in the best location and it's so friggen cheap. But since it is old, there are probably some little nasties lurking around in the walls and floor. I came to this conclusion because I asked Ben and Claude whether they had noticed anything since staying here, and they both said that they are wheezing a bit, which doesn't normally happen. But Alice and I are defiant - we are going to really make an effort to keep the place spotless (vaccuuming as well) and replace things like the old curtains to see if we can't combat this. It's just too good a place to give up. A good test will be when I go back to clinic in 3 weeks to see what my lung function is...

The prednisolone doesn't seem to be having any real nasty side affects apart from my non-sleepiness. The other night I made myself go to bed at 4 am just because I thought it was the right thing to do. Not because I was tired at all... but if that's the worst, I'm not going to complain.

Aside from physio, the little walks I'm making myself do to try and improve my fitness, and eating, I'm afraid I haven't got alot to tell. I have been keeping myself busy though on the Sia forums... man, I tell you what guys, if you ever need to find a nice forum where the board memebers aren't jerks that accuse you of being an effing moron for not knowing who "the artist" collaborated with when they were in high school, check this one out. I have a link to Sia's site on the right. It is the most loving group of people I have ever met (or not met, as in this case) and make you feel very welcome. And it's very easy to get sucked into posting the most random stuff... well, if you are up till 4 am every night, you need something to do to keep yourself occupied. Yes, I am a nerd.

That's it. I think my typing is waking up Alice. I'm signing off now.

Rating: 5.8

What I'm listening to: Zero 7 - The Garden

No comments: