Friday, June 16, 2006

What's with this weather??

I mean, seriously, it's cold. Really cold. I don't ever remember Adelaide being this cold. The other night it got down to 0.2C... I'm lucky I have nothing to do at 8am except keep my bed warm. But feel for Alice - she has to leave for TAFE at that time, so the poor lass is freezing her wee bum off walking to the bus stop. Stupid weather...

Anywho, enough of that. So what's been happening with me? Well, for starters I've done a couple of shifts at Alpha again. Nothing too strenuous, just a few hours on Tuesday and a few more last night. I don't think I'm able to do a full shift yet, especially at night since it gets so cold and Alpha doesn't have the best heating system... But I'm hoping in a few weeks I'll be right to get back to my normal shifts. It is good to have money again.

And as far as my health goes I'm quite happy with my progress. I don't know if it's the prednisolone, being back at home, or I've had enough time for my body to recover, but I'm still getting a bit better with each day. My chest has cleared up to the point where I don't even cough up alot during physio, and between physio sessions I pretty much have a dry cough. I can't remember the last time I felt like this.

I don't know if any of you read her blog, but Alice is now actively taking part in my physio. Instead of me just doing breathing cycles to clear my lungs, she does PD (posteral drainage), which for those who can't remember seeing me in hospital when I was a young rascal, involves me lying down, and someone (in this case Alice) thumping me on my chest and back to losen up all the gunk. Some people don't find it that effective, but I find it's working a treat. So I'll keep on doing it until either I think it's not doing alot of Alice can't be bothered... but I don't think that will happen. She is just too darn nice!

So all is good in that respect. However, I still don't have alot of fitness. Being sick for as long as I was certainly took it's toll on my body, as I still get out of breath walking down the block. But I'm continuing my little walks to try and build that up.

As far as the house goes - we've decided that we're not going to jump the gun and think about moving out... yet anyway. We've decided that we're really going to keep it clean, but on top of that, when we find out if we can extend the lease, we might fork out the money to get our room re-carpeted and re-beaded around the edges. That should help quite alot. Other than that, I don't think there's alot more we can do - any other house that we would want to rent would probably have the same problems, except it would be twice as expensive and in a twice crappy area. So really, work that out... Unless we get a unit, but there's no way us 3 want to do that. So it looks like it's Norwood for the time being. And for those who we haven't invited over yet - don't feel bad. We still love you. It's just that things haven't been that great to have company. But as things improve I'm sure you'll be getting your invite in the mail (and by mail I mean either a text or email). Good ol um-personal technology. :)

I think that's about all... so how's about them Socceroos eh? Twas a mighty fine game against Japan. I was getting very frustrated and thought all was lost towards the end, but then they pulled out 3 goals and all was well again. I wasn't going to get up to watch the Brazil game, but then I thought to myself, when will something like this happen again? We prob won't win, but we could draw, which would be totally awesome! Call it wishful thinking, but eitherway I'm going to be patriotic and set my alarm for 4am. Who's with me??

Rating: 6.3

What I'm listening to: Kate Havnevik - Melankton (I thoroughly recommend this one - I go the cd last week and haven't been able to put it down yet). Click here to check her out.

p.s. I've put a few new piccies up. Nothing exciting or interesting, but fun nonetheless :)

4 comments:

alice said...

yeah! its cold and you get to stay in bed all morning and i have to walk to the bus stop at 8 in the morning when its 2 degrees! so not fair! brrrr! xo

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! I've been freezing my toes off!!!

"Good on ya" Alice for helping with the physio - you're such a good girlfriend! :)

Love,

Monica

Becky said...

What's with this lack of posting??

Jaanie said...

yeah, getting a wee bit slack of late... being back at work has made me tired and not wanting to do too much computer.

but tomorrow i shall post! ooh yes, i know you're just wetting yourself with anticipation! ;)