Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thursday the twenty ninth of June, at one o one in the pm

Alroight, there are some things I wanna get off my chest.

First: I'm so disappointed that we are no longer in the World Cup. I stayed up to watch the match, and up until the last 10 seconds, it was the most exciting match I had seen yet. In my mind I was all prepared to go into extra time, so I was only half watching and half eating vita-weats with salami, pickles and cheese. Then I heard the whistle. I couldn't believe it. It was over. There was no way he was gonna miss a penalty. I was just lost for words.

Now don't get me wrong - I have no problem losing. We prob wouldn't have won if it went into extra time anyway. They had only 10 players for almost half of the match, and we just couldn't penetrate their defence. All to their credit. If we had gone into extra time and Italy scored in the first minute, I would have been so proud and happy that we got that far. It was just so disappointing for it to end the way it did... so cheap, so soft, so nothing of what we had been about during the entire Cup. But oh well. Shit happens, let's just hope that this has given more to soccer in Australia, so that in 4 years we can hopefully go back and have another crack.

The second thing I wanted to talk about: I saw The Omen last night, with some free movie tickets I got for Christmas. Man, talk about a crappy film. Now, I did go in thinking that I wouldn't like it, but I didn't think it was going actually be a really bad film. I haven't seen the original for a couple of years, but I don't remember the script being that bad. And apparently this new version stuck quite true to it. Or maybe I just made that up... I can't remember. Anyway, it really made it clear to me that today's movies are all about the cinematography, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, if it's in the right context. I mean, if it's an arty movie or whatever, and the story relies on the way it's being shot, then sure, go for gold. But when it's a movie that revolves around the plot, there's no need for fancy close ups, shaky cameras, loud, stupid sound effects that are just stupid. There were so many points during it where I found myself laughing out of embarrassment to Alice. She was laughing too... The script was really poorly written - rarely do you watch a film where you can imagine the words typed up on a piece of paper, but with this one you can. So many cheesy lines... it was bordering painful. ALSO, I won't ruin it for those who haven't seen it, but the where some air is injected into a drip is totally ludicrous. I've injected more into my line from time to time, and I'm still kicking and breathing.

Anyway, enough ranting. :) Apart from these two things, not a lot has been going on. I'm still working, which is alright, but I've noticed that I'm a bit more exhausted than I was previously. Nothing too bad, but enough to stop me wanting to go out and do anything. Plus the fact that at night it's fricken freezing outside. I'm seriously starting to get worried about the weather here - it's so dry and cold. No rain whatsoever. Winter should be full of wet and water. But not so far...

My chest is pretty clear still. I've finished the prednisolone, so I've had to make sure I'm really keeping up to date with all my physio and stuff. I've noticed a very slight increase in sputum when doing physio, but that's to be expected as I finished the course of steroids. I'm just hoping that I can keep on top of things from here on. I'm going to start up squash again next week, which should bring me back up even more. I have a clinic next Tuesday, and barring catching another bug, I should be alright for that. I'll let you all know how it goes (obviously).

Hmm, I think that's all I had to say. If not I'll type it up when I remember it.

Big love to you all

Rating: 6.8

What I'm listening to: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium. Man, this is a good album. It's grown on me so much, and it's steadily becoming my fav Peppers album. :D

3 comments:

Janka said...

Hiya!
sorry about you Aussies not being in the Cup anymore....but I could have told you before that we're gonna win that bastard (even though all these brits here are too thick-headed to fully understand that yet...)
good to hear that you're doing well...as soon as I get back to my parents' I'll get Skype so we can have a chat ( so cool this invention!)
Gotta go sunbathing...24 degrees, hehe..:)

Jaanie said...

bah, you'll never win!! ;)

but thanks for commenting. i was starting to question whethere you were still amongst the living.

when do you get back?? we'll most definitely skype it up!! :D

bob said...

Thanks for this amazing article on Jaanie's (health) blog I was Just searching for Filter Repairs and found this amazing website of yours.