Sunday, September 10, 2006

Back home!


gee
Originally uploaded by jaanus83.
Hey all youse guys!!

How ya doing? Well, as for me, I'm doing bloody super! I got out of hospital on Wednesday and so far things have stayed just as great health wise. I had lung function on Tuesday and it went up to 50% from 37% the week before, which is pretty impressive. If you remember, last admission they went up a whole total of 5% in a month, so I'll take 13% in two weeks easily. :)

This hospital admission wasn't as bad as the last one... last time I wasn't getting any better, and because I was feeling so shite, I didn't want to get out and just spent all day watching tv in bed. The weather probably had something to do with it as well... those few days a week ago where the weather was perfect and sunny I went into the botanical gardens and laid down on the grass and enjoyed outsideness again. It'd been a while. It was awesome though - Alice and I played cards and listened to music, and Peter, Ben and myself listened to music, talked about how great we are, played some cards, as well as watch some cute ducklings make their way around the trees.

So basically now my lungs are clear, and I'm only coughing up a little during physio. In between physio sessions, it's pretty much a dry cough, and I can't remember the last time it was this good. The only thing left for me to do is get my fitness up. At least I can walk to the shops now without dying on the corner.

I have to go back however in 2 weeks for my sinus operation. They have to clear out all my sinuses, and it's going to be a fairly big job, so that will prob set me back a little bit. I'll have the operation at the Memorial Hospital, then go back to the Royal Adelaide for a week afterwards to have some more iv's to get me over the anesthetic.

It looks like I'm gonna be skint as well for the next month. So far, the op is going to cost me at least $600, so I'm not too happy about that. I always thought having private health insurance would actually cover you for everything, but I guess I was wrong. This is the first year that I've had to actually pay for my own insurance, so maybe that's why I was a bit surprised. The folks probably paid all this stuff in the past. Anyhoo, enough whinging. It's all good. Hopefully this should be the end of medical stuff for a while and I'll be able to run around creating havoc through summer. :)

So that's the scoop. I'll go back to work next week, which won't be too bad since I need the money and something to do during the day. We still have two extra tickets to the Ben Folds concert we need to sell, so if anyone's interested, gimme a call and we can organise something. It should be a great night!

Just want to say a huge thanks to all who sent good messages and vibes my way while I was in hospital. I must admit, I was feeling down right shit and wasn't too sure whether I would get really good again. But I did so there's not too much to worry about just yet. Alice definitely deserves a medal for all she put up with. I couldn't ask for anything more. She's a trooper!

Ben leaves back for Montreal on Monday, so I think tonight we're heading out to the Elephant Walk for some loverly deserts. He comes back in January though so there won't be enough time to miss him too much.

Enough. I've finished. :)

Rating : 8

What I'm listening to: Sparta - Wiretap Scars

P.S. there are some new piccies up if you're interested in seeing what I get upto in hostable.

2 comments:

Becky said...

YAY!!!

Glad to hear you're home and that your lung function is up higher again :) W00T

Anonymous said...

Huzzah and cheers, mate! Good to know that Healthy Jaan is re-emerging for a bit - and will re-emerge again after the sinus operation. No worries, it'll be easy cheezy cool breezy, trust me.

Woot! ;-)

mb