Friday, June 03, 2005

Untitled no. 1

I really should post more often, as once a week is quite pathetic. But, really, I can't be bothered and there's not really a whole lot of change. Well, there has been a bit of a change the last week, and I think that's due to the weekend. So really, I'm just slack and there's nothing more to it. Eh, whatevs. On the weekend there was the Bookstore cd launch, which resulted in sitting in the kinda smokey venue, followed by a late night (well, late compared to what I've been doing lately). And over the weekend, I slacked down to 2, sometimes 1 physio session per day. At least I now know my boundaries and that if I'm to remain feeling really healthy with my lungs doing the best they can, I really need to keep doing physio 3 times a day.

Due to the increased mucus production, I switched my physio today to the flutter (a different apparatus that is used when I'm more sick and productive) which seems to be working. It clears up alot more than the pep mask, which is my usual treatment. So hopefully another day or so of the flutter will result in a drier cough, clearer lungs and general well being. I've also started on the fish oils. Yay, fish. Mmm...

Maybe the sickness has also been brought on by stress. The preparations for the doco/trip/funding stuff is getting quite overwhelming, so that's really keeping me busy. But it's all looking quite good - TDK shipped me 20 tapes for free, so that was quite nice of them. Also, a cf friend passed away last week and the funeral was on Monday, so that may have something to do with it. The sub-conscious can affect you in ways you don't think possible. But now that all that is behind me (touch wood) I'm hoping for a full recovery and be back to normal in no time.

I apologise if things sound quite dramatic. Really, it's not that bad. Blame it on the tiredness. Blame it on the weather. Blame it on whatever you want, just don't blame it on... *insert word here* (who ever can come up with the 'craziest' idea will get something special from me).

So there you go kiddies. Another update from your trusty cfer. Hope all is going well in your lives, and I'll be speaking to you soon.

Gimme a R (R!) - Gimme a A (A!) - Gimme a T (T!) - Gimme a I (I!) - Gimme a N (N!) - Gimme a G (G!). What does that spell??? RATING!

And we all know what that means, don't we boys and girls? That's right, it's time for this week's rating. And what do we have here? Why, it's a 7. Good job, now why don't we all go and get ourselves some cookies and milk, and I'll see you all next week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bud! I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

Hopefully the stress will ease off if people keep sending you free things?

How's the swimming going?

Becky said...

yes jaanie there seems to be a suspicious lack of swimming mentioned in your blog of late... looking ofrward to the next one!