Friday, August 26, 2005

"Yarn!"

I'm so sorry everyone. I got so caught up in my own little things that I totally forgot to say how well "Yarn!" went the other night. I feel really bad...

Aynwho, the night started off with a little stressing trying to get everything organised. And to totally backfire on us, our "8:30pm sharp start" made it so that we had to keep people from coming in because we weren't ready. So I apologise for that! But after that little hiccup the night went off swimmingly! By the end of the night we had about 220 people through the doors, of which I only knew about a third of them. So that was just totally amazing.

LeighStarDust got the night kicking with her music the way only Leigh can. Then 2 of the 4 Dairy Brothers took to the stage with some rockin' acoustic tunes. And finally The Audreys finished with a set that had everyone cheering for more. The night as a whole though was just so overwhelming. So many people, which then meant so much money! I'm only going to announce how much was made because I want to know that the people who put in their effort definately made it worth while. We did around $3400, which was way more than I had been expecting, so again, a HUGE thank you to all those who came and helped by giving me some money!

And not to forgot of course all those who helped out throughout the night, inlcuding door bitches, food stall people, raffle ticket people and general harassing people! Thanks so much again. I really couldn't have done it without you. And not to mention the wonderful Ms. Cookie Baker, which of course did most of the organising of all the important stuff. Thanks Ballsac!

Well, I'm leaving it here. That's enough. Just quickly though - went swimming today at the beach, went for a huge walk, had some can soup, and tonight I'm going on a ghost tour. Oooh, scary. Ben and Alley - let's see if I can get some ghosts captured on film - "Most Haunted" style!

Rating very quickly because I have to get off - 7.5

Sorry, no joke for today. But possibly tomorrow...

3 comments:

Becky said...

Wow that's so so fantastic jaan! Congrats. It looks like I missed out on the Adelaide event of the year!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a fab night out Yaan, with a great crowd and non-stop entertainment. Maybe we'll have to book out the Jade again for your welcome home party!

Jaanie said...

i think so...