Thursday, August 04, 2005

Clinic update

Far out, I deserve a medal. It's been less than a week and I've put up another post. Fantastic if what?? Anywho, I had clinic on Tuesday so I thought I should update everyone on the latest from the doc's office.

I had the usual lung function, and I was very eager to see what that came up with. I ran out of the Ambrotose a couple of weeks ago, so that's probably why I haven't been feeling the best as well. But since getting some more late last week, things have already improved. My cough has increasingly dried up and I'm not quite as short of breath. I was also interested to see if my change of routine for Pulmozyme had any effect. But I'm happy to report that my lung function has gone up another 1% to 67%. Not too bad at all, especially considering how lousy I was feeling a couple of weeks ago.

At the clinic I made sure to do all the things I needed for my trip, such as get doctors letters for the meds, a list of hospitals and clinics I should go to if need be, order my 4 months worth of meds - that's going to be interesting when I pick them up next week. It'll give me some sort of idea of how much room it's going to take up in my luggage. I rang Qantas yesterday and it looks like it's going to be tough to be able to bring them all on board. I'm going to try and sweet talk them though, and we'll see how far it goes...

So yeah, I'm really feeling alot better I'm happy to say, and the trip is now starting to become a reality. I have my ticket in paper, my passport in hand and some nice little vouchers from STA for paying them to take me around the world. The planning for the fundraiser is going swimmingly, and it looks like it's going to be really big. So all you who can get down there, make sure you do so early in the night to get every chance you can to win one of the many fantastic prizes!

I feel a rating coming on... and it's a big fat 8.5

What do you get if you cross a kangaroo with a lamb?
A little woolly jumper.

2 comments:

alice said...

and how did the fundraiser go jaan?

Becky said...

Yes that's what I was wondering Jaan???