Friday, September 16, 2005

Goodbye B.C. Hello Banff

I'm sitting here in the hostel in Banff at 20 to 8 in the p.m. and it's quite loverly. The mountains surrounding Banff (quite commonly referred to as the Rockies) are certainly a site. Everyone says the same thing, but I have to agree and say that the Rockies are DEFINATELY worth seeing. It's truly amazing.

The bus ride here was pretty cool. If it were Greyhound I can imagine it would be quite dull, but the Moose travel thing definately make it worth while. You get a rad driver who does cool stops and tells you lots of trivia, in a bus that sits about 24 with all like-minded backpackers. Definately the way to travel. And quite cheap too. So did that from Vancouver. First stop was Shuswap Lake. Got there in the evening, had dinner and went to bed. Left early the next morning and did a couple of spots at various places (as you can tell I'm not in the mood for long explanations) including a lake where you get challenged to stand in there bare foot. I lasted not even a minute I think. Cold stuff!

So arrived in Banff yesterday afternoon, went to a f-ing fantastic dinner at the Spaghetti Factory and then had a night on the town. Wasn't too bad, but for the last couple of days physio has been limited and I've been feeling not the best at all. In fact, tonight I was seriously thinking about skipping the whole of the middle and flying straight to Toronto. But I've decided to bus to Saskatoon, fly then to Winnipeg after a few days, then fly to Toronto. If things are still dodgy, then I might go early to Ben's (I'm assuming that's still cool?) and try and rest up for a bit. I've already started a course of oral antibiotics to try and jump on the sickness early. We'll see if that helps...

So yeah, Banff is really nice and definately worth a look, even if it is quite expensive.

Will post pics once I can find a place to get them on comp. And trust me, there are some goodies there!

Raiting - 5.5

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hey Jaan not good that you're so sick, hope you feel better soon. I guess that's something for your docco though?

PS you can put a human detector on your blog to stop very annoying people spamming your blog!

alice said...

hi jaanie! get that stupid advert for bloggin off your site! no one wants to read that poo.

not good to hear about your health. remember that your health should be your number one priority! no excuses! i dont care if its cold outside, you can handle half an hour of cold for a bit of physio! you know im right...

spagehtti factory? that sounds so good! i wish i had a spaghhetti factory.. i guess that is what the lotto is for! haha! alice's spaghetti factory... there's a good ring to that!