Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Not enough time!

Man, am I peeved. It's always the way - you find somewhere nice to stay and you don't have enough time to spend there. I've been in Saskatoon for a few days and I have to leave tomorrow for Winnipeg. Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to going there, but I just started getting settled here. The city is really nice actually. I was getting so much flack for coming here - everyone saying how flat the praries are and how boring it is here. But I've found it great. Maybe it's because being from Adelaide you're used to cities that aren't "fun" or whatever the term is. But Sask seems like a very cool city, and a great place to live.

I met up with Sheryl today, a 34 year old CF'er who had a transplant a year ago. She's great. Did a nice little interview with her and got some interesting feedback about the CF situation here (in Saskatoon anyway). But yeah, the weather has also been fantastic. Mid twenties and sunshine. Apparantly it's unusually nice here too, so it seems like the good weather is following me around the country. Not complaining, but it's building a false idea of what the cities here are like weather wise. I don't know how good it will be in winter though when it gets to -40c and below. But would still be interesting...

So yeah, head out tomorrow for Winnipeg and staying there till Friday. Should be good - apparantly Winnipeg is really into the local arts and stuff. So looking forward to that. Then Toronto on Friday for about a week and attend the CF conference there.

But I think that's about it all up. Health wise is pretty much the same - no better and no worse. Physio is getting done, but it's quite productive and yucky. I'm still waiting for the cipro to kick in. But until then, eh, I don't know what else to say.

Raiting - 6.5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey jaan! such a busy boy it sounds! hope you're getting more inspiration for your grand doco! I bet you've found some nifty little places to go back to next time. Just taste testing this time around!! Mmmm yum. Went to see charlie and the chocolate factory tonight, just thought you'd like to know! What great names those cities have! Wonderful pics by the way!