Monday, October 17, 2005

Kino, poutine and sore throats galore

Hi all. The last few days have been so manic, but so cool as well. The Kino Cabaret has started, which is a week long film festival where everyone has to make a film and screen it in 2 days. Pretty cool. And what makes it even better is that there are 5 people here from Adelaide. Just for this. Now that's dedication! So yeah, I've attended the first screening, and the quality of the films are really something. It's even stirred up the film maker in me. So that's kinda cool. There's a Kino group in Adelaide, so that's definately something I'll have to be a part of when I get back. And while I'm on the subject, the Kino Cabaret in Adelaide is during the Fringe next year, so you all make sure you come along to that!

Also I've managed to get a picture of some great poutine on my pics page. Now you have your crappy 3am poutine, but the one I took a picture of is the best. This place has every type of poutine you can think of. Meat, vegge, mexican, everything! And it's damn tasty. So good!

But one bad thing is that I have managed to get quite a sore throat and it's affecting me healthwise. The first Kino screening was in a pub place, which was really nice, but it was so smokey in there. That's one thing that sucks about here - the rest of Canada is smoke free everywhere, but Montreal isn't, so its smoke galore. Usually I don't get too affected by smoke, well, I do, but not a great deal. But that night I could feel my throat getting so raw and by the next day I couldn't really talk. So bad. Now the throat is slowly getting a bit better, but the lungs have caught up and I'm now really phlegmy and quite short of breath. It's really annoying. And what sucks even more is that I want to do physio to clear it all up, but because my throat is still sucky it hurts like buggery to do. So hopefully once that clears up I'll be able to get back on top of things.

So that's about all that's been happening. Got more filming to do today, so looking forward to that. But another Kino screening tonight. Let's hope that it's not as smokey...

Raiting - 5.6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yo jaan!
your photos are awesome. I like that you take lots of self-takes too like me. Makes me feel less self-obsessed than I really am. Went to see ben lee and missy at uni on sat with al and dan and ben and lara. No tickets of course! Hope you are well. ciao!