Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Montreal is getting cold!


me dressed up country style
Originally uploaded by jaanus83.
It's been another week I think so I guess it's time again to let you all know how little Jaanie is getting along in frenchy town. Well, last week the unseasonal warm weather followed me to Montreal so I tried to make the most of it by getting around the city and trying to see all I could be bothered seeing. I went for a ride up the mountain (well, it's a hill, but apparantly you can't call it a hill around here) and it has a great view of the city. But it also lets you see just how smoggy it is here, so its not that pretty. But nevertheless, a good view.

So other than that, I have done various walking around with Ben and Claude, letting them show me just what's around here. I went to a 8mm screening night, which was alright, but nothing too special. Also went to a Kino screening, which was pretty cool, except the host was speaking French so I had to make up what was being said in my head. Was quite entertaining.

I've also been sampling some of the food here. If you didn't know, one of Montreal's attractions is it's food (well, for me anyway). I've had some poutine (chips, gravy and cheese curds) here, which is just to die for. There is also a little place where you get the BEST meat sandwhiches. You can chose your meat - fatty, not so fatty and hardly fatty. So good.

Friday night we went for a couple hour drive to Claudes parents' house in the country to spend the weekend there. Was soo nice. Except that on Friday the weather took a turn for the worse and it's true Autumn weather now. About 12 during the day and the nights are quite chilly. But it doesn't matter, we still went for a walk in the country and I kept imagining how cool it would look in winter when there's snow everywhere. Unfortunately I won't get to see that this time...

So now being back in Montreal I'm taking it easy today. Ben's computer cacked it on the weekend so I had to find a net cafe to write to you all, so you better feel privalleged! Another thing I wanted to tell you all is that I've managed to put up all the pics from the last few weeks. So make sure you go to the web page that they're on to check em all out. There's quite a few, and it's a bit jumbled up because I only realised about my other memory stick after I posted the recent ones on there. Anywho, so it jumps from Winnipeg, to Toronto, to Montreal and then back to Toronto. It's all good. Don't fret.

Health wise - well, the weekend wasn't the best regarding my physio. I was a bad boy and didn't really do too much. However, I did some walking around so a bit of exercise is better than nothing. But because of that I am a bit worse for wear today. A bit more short of breath, quite productive and don't really have too much energy to do anything. I did a good dose of physio last night and that seemed to have helped a bit, so I promise to make up for it this week with lots of good stuffs. Alright? Good!

So yeah, I think that's all to report. Tomorrow I'm going to the cf clinic here to meet up with a doctor and a nurse, so that should be pretty cool for some interviews. Then next week I'm meeting with a cf who has had a transplant, as well as a cf who is on the waiting list.

Rateing - 6.8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a lovely time (i'ved read a few posts boy you write a lot lol) i am just going through all your pics. Now that i know about ur little blog i will definately be reading up on what ya doing. Stay safe *hugs*

love Nic

alice said...

hello hippy orange beard man. just start sliding all your words and you can fit the country bumpkin model. nice wellies! xx