Saturday, October 22, 2005

Slight change of plans...

After being involved with all the kino stuff and making loads of new friends, I couldn't bring myself to leave Montreal on Friday when I was scheduled to go to Ottawa. I just couldn't. So here I am, Friday night at 1:46am writing in this entry to say that I'm staying here until Monday. The last screening is tomorrow night, and with all the action that will be going on with it, I just thought to myself it would be stupid to leave now before it was over and after all the work I've put in (by that I mean alot of watching and going out with people who are doing the actual work). So my plans are to leave Monday for Toronto, then Tuesday hopefully make it down to Niagra Falls for a night, then back to Toronto from where I'll fly out to England on Friday the 28th.

So what's been going on here? Well, mainly kino stuff. It's weird - it's almost as if time doesn't exist when the kabaret is happening. Days turn into nights and all you are thinking about is making films. It's pretty cool stuff. But that also means that there have been numerous screenings in pubs where it is smokey as anything. Pretty disgusting and hard to handle. So each screening has ended up with me having to pike out on all the fun to go back home to do physio and nebs. But that's alright - I couldn't physically stay out anyway because the smoke just hurt my throat too much anyway. But due to that I'm still quite sick and haven't improved a great deal. I'm really scarting to consider my options actually - about what I should do when I get to London. I'll definately go to the hospital there and maybe try and get another course of oral antibiotics. I just don't want things to get too out of control before I take some action...

But yeah, apart from that not a great deal has been happening sorry to say. Made quite a few new friends, which is always good, and have a few more places of accomodation in various parts of the globe, so I'm laughing there. But for now it's trying to stay as healthy as possible so I can actually enjoy what's going on around me.

Rating - 5.2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you look after yourself Jaan! but glad you are having a good time.

I know Becky is looking forward to seeing you soon.

She is in Italy at the moment.

I have enjoyed all your comments about the food everywhere you go, keep it up!!

Take care
Jeannette Kiil