Sunday, October 02, 2005

Oh Ottawa

Well, Toronto turned out to be a VERY cool place to be. Much better than I anticipated. Lots of time was spent trying to see all of downtown. But failed miserably... it's so friggen big. But the subway system is pretty cool and helps alot when trying to get around town. Went out to some fabulous places for food and bevvies. Tried quite alot of local (Canada) brew and have found some that I like. Can't remember for the life of me what they are, but nonetheless good stuff. I just let whomever I'm with choose for me.

So it was kinda sad to leave the place. But there was another instalment of Jaan's stupidness to come. You see, I had planned to catch the sub and be at the bus depot by around 11 so I could catch the 11:30am bus to Ottawa. But for some reason, and I really don't know why because I was given specific instructions by Heather, I caught the subway north and got off at totally the wrong stop. So I had to back track and by the time I got to the depot it was 12. Bummer. So I had to wait around for 2 hours for the next bus. Excitement plus! Although something cool was that there was a family of Amish people at the depot. I had never seen them before in real life. Very cool. But a huge thanks again to Heather and Paul for making my Toronto visit sooo cool and I can't wait to get back there in a few weeks!

Arriving in Ottawa, all I wanted to do was get to the hostel. The walk would have taken about an hour apparantly, but I could not be bothered with all my stuff since I walked around for AGES in Toronto. So instead of trying to be a smart person and figure out how to get there by bus, I just caught a cab. Only about $12, so not too bad. AND I got dropped off right at the front door.

Man, the hostel here is soooo cool! It's the old gaol. Very wick. Today I discovered the death row block, and I went in there at noon and it was kinda creepy then. I've decided to go back tonight around midnight and do a little vigil there with the camera. And the scary thing was today as I was leaving, I heard this huge bang coming from the death row hall. Now, it was most probably something very easily explainable, but it made me crap myself. So I'm getting quite excited about tonight. Wish me luck!

The weather gods have been smiling on me again as today is a friggen fantastic 20-something day with no clouds and basically no wind. Perfect! Today was spent walking down the main shopping street, the markets, and the parliament buildings. Everyone told me that the buildings here are amazing, but I thought "How good can buildings be?". Boy was I wrong. They are soo cool. Like old castles. It's given me a taste of what England must be like so I can't wait to get there.

Unfortunately the computer here isn't letting me connect my camera up, so I can't upload any picures just yet. But I'll make sure to do so when I get to Montreal tomorrow. I know you're all just DYING to see what I've been seeing.

Health wise I'm still feeling about the same, which is pretty amazing since I'm only doing physio once a day and doing my nebs and that's it. Tomorrow should be wicked as I get to start the Ambrotose again. Woot!

Anyway, that's about it. I can't be bothered typing any more so I'll leave it here.

Peace out eh!

Rating - 6.8

No comments: