Thursday, October 27, 2005

Toronto, the falls, and everything in between

Ahh, back in sunny Toronto. Well, not quite sunny. But definately not as humid! Man, I loved Montreal, but honestly, the humidity there! Brrr. And it's even worse when it's cold. Something you can't describe - you just have to experience it to know what I'm talking about. And it's not even winter yet! Good luck Ben!

Anyway, so yes, the end if kino. Man, was that a week to remember! It has so far been the most exciting thing I've been a part of in AGES. I'm soo pumped about the kabaret in Adelaide in March. So all of you - come along to that! Also, on the first Thursday of every month is a kino screening at the Garage from about 7:30pm. Make sure you get along to next months because they will be showing some stuff from the kabaret in Montreal, so you can get a taste of what we were upto. And I guarantee you, some quality stuff there! So yes, Saturday was the final screening, and by far the most enjoyable. The quality of work was outstanding, and then we had a huge night of partying afterwards. We left the venue at around 3 I think (I really can't remember, but it sounds good) and then went back to the kino lab to drink more and dance more and have fun more. Ben and I ended up getting home around 6, but had a decent 6 hour sleep to recouperate. Not too shabby!

Ben then had work at 1, so I lazed around doing physio and the like for a couple of hours and went to breakfast at 4pm with a few of the kino kids. Bagels. So good. With bacon and cream cheese. Yum. After that went back to the lab, fell asleep, then went to a final dinner with everyone. There was about 40 or so, and the poor waitress was on her own for the entire evening. But the food was fantastic, and then we went out again and danced some more until about 2 am, from which I then went home and slept for around 6 hours before getting up having to catch the bus. It was really sad to leave Montreal, I had such a fun time over the last 10 days or so and it really was like leaving home again. Made some great friends that I'll hopefully keep in touch with, even greater if some of them come down to Adelaide for our kabaret like they said that would! But again, due to the crap smokey places, it didn't do too much for my lungs. But surprisingly, I don't feel too much worse than I have been for the last few days.

So yes, caught the subway from Montreal at around 9am, then caught the Greyhound to Ottawa, was there for an hour, during which I was approached by a French hating Haiti man. Was quite funny. Then caught the 5 hour bus ride to Toronto, sleepily bummed around and went to bed.

Next morning - was lucky enough to be picked up from the front door by Susan and Chris (parents of the people I'm staying with in Toronto) to spend the night in St Catharines, which is right near Niagara Falls. Talk about a luxurious house! Man, it was like a 5 star resort! So good. So spent the night taking it easy and not doing too much. This morning we left for the falls, and I have to admit that it was pretty cool, despite the tourismness of it. It was so surreal to actually see it from only a metre or so away. It wasn't as big as I thought, but then again it was. Weird. I got some photos, but I still haven't been able to upload them on a computer. Lucky though Chris took some with his camera so I can share them with youse. One thing though I have to say is that autumn here is really something to be seen. It's weird - back at home, all autumn really means is leaves falling off trees and the weather becoming a bit milder and easier to cope with. But here - the colours are just amazing! So vibrant! The pictures just don't do it justice. It's so annoying. But yes, they are definately something to be said about (if that makes any sense).

So the falls were pretty cool, and then we drove around some more and eventually I caught the train back to Toronto where upon I had a delicious dinner of fish and chips. Thanks guys! Superb! We also went shopping for halloween gear (not for me, but Heather and Paul have a party to go to) but I managed to find a scarfe, which is very useful since I seemed to have lost mine today. Prob near the falls. Oh well. Ooh, halloween - my first night back here I carved pumpkins with Heather and Paul. I'll make sure to take a pic.

Phew! Talk about a long drawn out entry. But a lot has happened so I didn't want to leave you guys out of the loop. Tomorrow I'm meeting up with a very special young lady who does alot of fundraising stuff for cf, and then playing video games all night. Friday is hopefully going to be spent going to that science exhibition where they have real human organs put into this cast stuff to make models out of it. Kinda hard to explain, but should be pretty cool!

Health - I won't say much. Still not that great. Taking the last of the cipro, so hopefully that will hold off any infection. But no real difference from a few days ago. Good because I don't have to write much about it, but bad I guess because I'm not any better...

Rating - 5.5

1 comment:

alice said...

tell us about the exhibition! it sounds gross and cool all at the same time! try to stay as rugged up as you can in england so you dont get too cold and then catch one. that would suck. a lot xx