Monday, October 03, 2005

Merci Montreal

Ah, another day another city. I hate to disappoint you all who were waiting to hear about my midnight vigil in the death row part of the gaol. But nothing really happened. However, I didn't really stay up there long at all. I went out for a drink earlier in the night, and then got back to the hostel around 12:30 or so. I went up there with a couple people from my room and the guy working there was taking some people up and telling a couple of stories about the place. That was pretty cool. But it wasn't really scary with all these people there. Anyway, once they all went to bed I decided to go up with the camera and sit up there for a bit. For some reason, probably because I'm a wimp, I couldn't make myself go into the cell where the famous ghost once stayed in. It's meant to be the most haunted cell in the gaol. I was only up there for not even 10 minutes then decided to leave. I didn't hear or see anything, but I couldn't go into the room, and I was tired, so I just went to bed. But don't worry, when I go back there after Montreal I'll make sure to stay up there for a decent amount of time. I promise!

Anyway, so I got up this morning kinda early to catch the bus to Montreal. Arrived around 12:30 pm and was greeted by the one and only Benny T. Came back to his place and have been hanging around since. I did make it out to the park since the weather is so nice out, and caught some Dungeons and Dragons nerds dressing up and fighting each other in a mock battle. Pretty funny...

I'ts really weird with all the French stuff. I know it's to be expected here, but it's just something I haven't ever encountered. At least they can speak English if they have to, but I'm determined to learn at least something to get me by. So far my vocabulary includes 'bonjour' and 'merci'. Pretty spiffy eh?

Health is a tiny bit worse than last night. I didn't do any physio since then, so I obviously I'm a bit worse for wear. However, there is some lovely Ambrotose waiting for me here, so I'll start taking that tonight and hopefully we'll see some improvement. Yay!

Anywho, I'm off now. Take it easy all and keep those emails a comin'!

Rating - 6.3

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Hi! I'm a Mannatecher in ALABAMA and did a blog search for 'ambrotose' (I do that from time to time). I'm going to bookmark you to keep up with how you're doing. I want to hear more :)

Blessings to you!

Jaanie said...

hi there

nice to know that people are finding this site. thats weird! thank you anyway for your kind words.

keep in touch!